Here you will find some tips that you should consider before, during, and after your stay at Spanish cities and universities.
Before travelling to Spain, you must make sure that you have
- Learning Agreement: This document contains all of the courses that you will take at the host university. It must be signed by your home university, the host university, and yourself. It must be completed in advance, before going to the host university you must communicate any modification of your Learning Agreement to both your home university and your host university. Those who intend to do an internship in a Spanish company (not study) will need the Training Agreement, which contains the signatures of: yourself; the university coordinating the placement; and the company which admits you for the placement.
- University Fees: You are not required to pay any fees to the host university. However, they may charge you for the additional costs of paperwork, photocopies, student insurance, etc., under the same conditions applied for local students.
- Accommodation: In some cases, for your own convenience, it is advisable to stay in the places that the university may suggest for you and with which it may already have an agreements. You can also check the notice boards at each university. Where you will find many advertisements that will help you find accommodation.
- Opening a Bank Account: As in other European countries, all banks charge high fees if you use foreign cards, so we strongly recommend that you open a Spanish bank account.
- Other Documents: You must have a current passport or other official identification while you are in Spain. You should also consider having a European Health Insurance Card, in case you need medical attention during your stay. You may also wish to write down the addresses and telephone numbers of your country’s Embassy and Consulate in Spain.